Masking & Face Covering Recommendations
Caleo Health continues to follow the Alberta Health Services (AHS) COVID-19 Guidelines. The expiration of the City of Calgary mandate does not apply to healthcare facilities. AHS recommends continuing with universal precautions. Masking is recommended but not mandatory at Caleo Health. The policy will be updated as the AHS guidelines are updated.
- Face-covering over the mouth and nose is recommended but not mandatory when in common areas of the clinic, exam room, treatment area, or procedure area.
- Fully vaccinated patients may gather in a group to eat or for treatment without masking or social distancing (Psych, Therapy, Rehab)
- Patients may remove their masks in the treatment room, exam room, or procedure room, at the direction of the staff or physician.
- Expected to socially distance from others when possible.
- Face-covering over the mouth and nose is recommended but not mandatory when inside the facility,
- May remove mask inpatient room when staff are not present. If staff present must wear masks.
- Expected to socially distance from others – limit of 1 visitor per room to allow distancing when staff must be present.
Physicians & Staff:
- Face-covering over the mouth and nose is recommended but not mandatory when inside the facility.
- Must wear a disposable mask or N95 over the nose and mouth in public areas if there has been any contact with a High-Risk patient (including nurses’ stations, waiting/holding areas, cafeteria, halls, etc.)
- Wear N95, and face shield (eyewear) for COVID patients, COVID PUI, High-Risk Procedures, and collection of COVID samples/testing.
- Full vaccination and boosters are recommended for all staff.
In addition to our masking and visitation policies, Caleo Health continues to encourage social distancing and hand hygiene in all areas. We appreciate your support as we work together to make our environment safe.